- February 16, 2021
- Posted by: Sushil Pandey
- Category: Exam Syllabus Free Resources
Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission, Indore
1. State Civil Services PCS (Provincial Civil Services)
- MPPSC is the organizing body of PCS/AFO exam for the state.
- Age- 21 year to 40 year
- Minimum Educational Qualification- Graduate from any recognized university
- Final Year student of graduation can apply for State Civil Services.
- Candidates are required to register in employment exchange office of respective state.
3. Scheme of Examination
|S.No.||Name of Question Paper||Nature of Question Paper||Maximum Marks||Duration/Time (in hour)|
|2||General Aptitude Test||Objective||200||2|
- General Studies-II paper is qualifying nature so you have to score minimum 33% marks in General Studies-II paper for the evaluation of General Studies-I Paper.
|S.No.||Name of Question Paper||Nature of Question Paper||Maximum Marks||Duration/ Time (in hour)|
Interview/Personality Test- 175
|Main Examination Marks||Interview/Personality Test||Total Marks|
4. Syllabus of State Civil Service –
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
STATE SERVICE PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
Paper -I General Studies
1. History, Culture and Literature of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major events and Major dynasties in history of Madhya Pradesh.
- Contribution of Madhya Pradesh in freedom movement.
- Major arts and Sculputure of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major Tribes and Dialects of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major festivals, Folk music, Folk arts and Folk literature of Madhya Pradesh.
- Important Literator of Madhya Pradesh and their literature.
- Religious and tourist places of Madhya Pradesh.
- Important Tribal Personalities of Madhya Pradesh.
2. History of India.
- Major features, Events and their administrative, Social and Economic Systems of Ancient and Medieval India.
- Social and religious reform movements in 19th and 20th century.
- Independence struggle and Indian National Movement for Freedom.
- Integration and Reorganization of India after Independence.
3. Geography of Madhya Pradesh.
- Forest, Forest Produce, Wild life, Rivers, Mountains and Mountain ranges of Madhya Pradesh.
- Climate of Madhya Pradesh.
- Natural and Mineral resources of Madhya Pradesh.
- Transport in Madhya Pradesh.
- Major Irrigation and Electrical Projects in Madhya Pradesh.
- Agriculture, Animal husbandry and Agriculture based industries in Madhya Pradesh.
4. Geography of World and India:-
- Physical Geography: – Physical features and Natural regions.
- Natural Resources: – Forest, Mineral resources, Water, Agriculture, Wildlife, National Parks/ Sanctuaries/Safari.
- Social Geography:- Population related Demography (Population growth, Age, Sex ratio, Literacy)
- Economic Geography: – Natural and Human resources (Industry, Modes of Transport)
- Continents/Countries/Oceans/Rivers/Mountains of world.
- Natural Resources of World.
- Conventional and Non-conventional Energy Resources.
5. (A) Constitutional System of Madhya Pradesh
- Constitutional System of Madhya Pradesh (Governor, Council of Ministers, Legislative Assembly, High Court).
- Three-tier System of Panchayati Raj and Urban Administration in Madhya Pradesh.
(B) Economy of Madhya Pradesh
- Demography and Census of Madhya Pradesh.
- Economic Development of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major Industries of Madhya Pradesh.
- Castes of Madhya Pradesh, Schedule Castes and Schedule Tribes of Madhya Pradesh and Major Welfare Schemes of State.
6. Constitution Government and Economy of India.
- Government India act 1919 and 1935.
- Constituent Assembly.
- Union Executive, President and Parliament.
- Fundamental Rights and Duties of the Citizens and Directive Principles of State policy.
- Constitutional Amendments.
- Supreme Court and Judicial System.
- Indian Economy, Industrial Development and Foreign trade, Import and Export.
- Financial Institutions- Reserve Bank of India, Nationalized Banks, Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), National Stock Exchange (NSE), Non-Banking Financial Institutions.
7. Science and Technology.
- Basic Principles of Science.
- Important Indian Scientific Research Institutions and Their achievements, Satellite and Space technology.
- Environment and Biodiversity.
- Ecological System.
- Nutrition, Food and Nutrient.
- Human Body.
- Agricultural Product Technology.
- Food Processing.
- Health Policy and Programmes.
- Pollution, Natural Disasters and Management.
8. Current International and National Affairs.
- Important Personalities and Places
- Major Events
- Important Sports Institutes, Sports Competitions and Awards of India and Madhya Pradesh.
9. Information and Communication Technology
- Electronics, Information and Communication Technology
- Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Cyber Security
- Internet and Social Networking Sites
10. National and Regional Constitutional / Statutory Bodies
- Election Commission of India
- State Election Commission
- Union Public Service Commission
- Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Comptroller and Auditor General
- NITI Aayog
- Human Rights Commission
- Women Commission
- Child Protection Commission
- Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Commission
- Backward class Commission
- Information Commission
- Vigilance Commission
- National Green Tribunal
- Food preservation Commission etc.
Paper -II: GENERAL APTITUDE TEST
2. Interpersonal skill including communication skill
3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4. Decision making and problem solving
5. General mental ability
6. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude etc.-Class X level)
Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.-Class X level)
7. Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level)
Note:- Question relating to Hindi Language Comprehension skill of Class X level will be tested through passages from Hindi language only without providing English Translation thereof in the question paper
STATE SERVICE MAINS EXAMINATION
General Studies-I (PART-A)
[Note: The question paper is divided into 10 units. Each unit carry 30 marks.]
History and Culture
Indian History: – Political, Economic, Social and Cultural History of India from Harappan civilization to 10th Century A.D.
- Political, Economic, Social and Cultural History of India from 11th to 18th Century A.D.
- Mugal rulers and their administration, Emergence of composite culture
- Impact of British Rule on Indian Economy and Society.
- Reactions of Indians against British Colonial Rule: Peasant and Tribal revolts, The First Struggle of Independence. Indian Renaissance: National Freedom Movement and its leaders.
- Emergence of India as a Republic Nation, Reorganization of States, Formation of Madhya Pradesh. Major events of the post-independence period.
- Independence Movement in Madhya Pradesh.*
- Indian Cultural Heritage (with special reference to Madhya Pradesh): Salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature, Festivals & Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- World Heritage sites in Madhya Pradesh and Tourism.
Dynasties of Madhya Pradesh: – Gondwana, Bundeli, Bagheli, Holkar, Scindia and Bhopal State (From beginning till independence).
* With in Geographic reference of Present Madhya Pradesh.
General Studies-I (PART-B)
- Major Physical Features:- Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Rivers, Lakes and Glaciers.
- Major Geographical Phenomena:- Earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanicity, Cyclone.
- World Climate:- Climate and seasons, distribution of rain fall and climatic regions, Climate change and its effects.
Geography of India
- Major physical features:- Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Rivers, Lakes and Glaciers.
- Physiographic Division of India.
- Climate:- Origin of Monsoon, El Nino, Climate and Seasons, Distribution of rain fall and climatic regions.
- Natural Resources:- Types and their uses.
(A) Water, forest, soil (B) Rocks and minerals:
- Population:- Growth, distribution, density, sex ratio, literacy, migration, rural and urban population.
- Food Processing and Related Industries:- Scope and significance, Localization of industries, Requisites for forward and backward linkages for industries, demand – supply and chain management.
Geography of Madhya Pradesh
- Major Geomorphic Regions with special reference to Narmada Valley and Malwa Plateau.
- Natural vegetation and climate.
- Soil:- Physical, chemical and biological properties of soil, soil formation process, problems of soil erosion and soil degradation, problem soil and methods of its reclaimation, soil conservation planning on watershed basis.
- Mineral and Energy Resources:- Types, distribution and uses.
- Major Industries: Based on agricultural produce, forests and minerals.
- The Tribes of State with particular reference to vulnerable tribes
Water and disaster management
- Drinking Water:- Supply, factors of impurity of water and quality management.
- Water management.
- Ground water and water conservation.
- Natural and Man-made disasters, Concept and scope of disaster management, specific hazards and mitigation.
- Community planning: Resource mapping, relief and rehabilitation, preventive and administrative measures, safe construction. Alternative communication and survival efficiency.
Advanced Techniques in Geography
- Remote sensing: principles, electromagnetic spectrum, components, types of satellite, Application of remote sensing.
- GIS (Global Information System) : Components of GIS, and its applications.
- GPS (Global Positioning System): Basic concepts of GPS and its applications.
General Studies-II (PART-A)
[Note: The question paper is divided into 10 units. Each unit carry 30 marks.]
Constitution, Governance, Political and Administrative Structure
- Constitution of India:- Its Foundation, characteristics, Basic Structure and important amendments.
- Conceptual elements:- Objectives, fundamental rights and duties, directive principle of state policy.
- Federalism,Central-State Relations, Supreme Court, High Court, Judicial Review, Judicial Activism, Lok Adalat and Public Interest Litigation.
- Election Commission of India, Comptroller and Auditor General of India, Union Public Service Commission, Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission and NITI Aayog.
- Role of caste, religion, class, ethnicity, language and gender in Indian politics, Political parties and voting behavior in Indian politics, civil society and Public movement, National integrity and security issues.
- Public participation and local government (with reference of 73rd and 74th amendment to the Constitution)
- Accountability and Rights:- Competition Commission, Consumer Forum, Information Commission, Women’s Commission, Human Rights Commission, SC / ST / OBC Commission, Central Vigilance Commission.
- Features of democracy:- Political Representations, Participation of Citizens in the Decision making Process.
- Community-based organizations (CBO), Non Government Organizations (NGOs) and Self-help groups (SHG).
- Role of Media and Problems (Electronic, Print and Social)
- Indian Political Thinkers Kautilya, Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, Ram Manohar Lohia, Dr.B.R.Ambedkar, Deendayal Upadhyaya, Jayaprakash Narayan.
- Administration and Management:- Meaning, nature and significance, Role of public administration in the developed and developing societies, Development of Public administration as a subject, Modern Public Administration, Principles of Public Administration.
- Concepts:- Power, Authority, Responsibility and Delegation.
- Theories of organization, steps and area of control and unity of command.
- New dimensions of public management, management of change and development administration.
General Studies-II (PART-B)
Economics and sociology
- Issues and initiatives in the field of agriculture, industry and services in India.
- Measurement of national income in India.
- Functions of Reserve Bank of India and commercial banks, financial inclusion, monetary policy.
- Characteristics of good taxation system- Direct tax and indirect taxes, subsidies, cash transaction, fiscal policy.
- Public distribution system, current trends and challenges of the Indian economy, poverty, unemployment and Regional imbalances.
- India’s international trade and balance of payment, role of Foreign capital, multi-national companies, Foreign direct investment, import-export policy, International Monetary Fund, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, World Trade Organization, ASIAN, SAARC, NAFTA AND OPEC,
With reference to Madhya Pradesh
- Major crops, holdings and cropping patterns, Social and physical environmental impact on producation and distribution of crops, Issues and challenges related with quality and supply of seeds and manure, farming practices, Issues and challenges of horticulture, poultry, dairy, fisheries and husbandry etc. Problems and challenges related to agricultural produce, transportation, storage and marketing.
- Welfare Schemes of Agriculture.
- Contribution of Service Sector.
- Infrastructure and resources of Madhya Pradesh.
- Demographic scenario of Madhya Pradesh and its impacts on the economy of Madhya Pradesh.
- Industrial sector, growth, trends and challenges.
- Availability of skilled human resources, employability and productivity of human resources, Different trends of employment.
Human Resource Development
- Education:- Elementary education, Quality of Higher, Vocational, Technical and Medical Education. Issues related to girl’s education.
- Issues related with following social classes and their welfare programmes:- Differently abled classes, Senior Citizens, Children, Women, Under privileged classes and Displaced groups arising out of developmental projects.
- Elements of social harmony, concept of civilisation and culture. Features of Indian Culture. Rituals: Various references, Caste system. Ashram, Purushartha, Chatushtya, Religion and sect influences on society and methods of marriage.
- Community Development Programme, Extension Education, Panchayati Raj, Role of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) in Community Development. Recent trends in Voluntary sector regarding Rural Development, Family Court.
- Population and Health Problems, Health Education, and Empowerment, Family Welfare Programmes, Population Control.
- Status of Tribes in Madhya Pradesh, Social Structure, customs, Beliefs, Marriage, Kinship, Religious Beliefs and Traditions, Festivals and Celebrations in Tribes.
- Women Education, Family Health, Vital Statistics, Causes and effects of malnutrition, Government Programmes of supplementary nutrition, Technological inventions in the field of Immunology, Remedies (Treatment and Cure) of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- World Health Organization:- Objectives, Structure, Functions and Programmes.
[Note: The question paper is divided into 10 units. Each unit carry 30 marks.]
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Work, Power and Energy- Gravitational Force, Friction, Atmospheric Pressure and Work.
- Units and Measurement, Example from daily life.
- Speed, Velocity , Acceleration
- Sound:- Definition, Medium of Propagation, Audible and Inaudible sound, Noise and Music.
- Terminology related with Sound:- Amplitude, Wave Length, Frequency of Vibration.
- Electricity:- Different types of Cell, Circuit.
- Magnet:- Properties, preparation and uses of artificial magnet
- Light:- Reflection, Refraction, Mirrors and Lenses , Image Formation,
- Heat: Measuring Temperature, Thermometers, Transformation of Heat.
- Element, Compound and Mixture:- Definition, Chemical Symbols, Properties, Availability on the Earth,
- Material:- Metals and Non Metals, Periodic Table and Periodicity.
- Atom, Atomic Structure, Valancy, Bonding, Nuclear Fusion and Fission.
- Acids, Bases and Salts. pH Value Indicators.
- Physical and Chemical Changes.
- Chemistry in daily life
- Micro-organism and Organic Farming.
- Cell –Structure and Function, Classification of Animals and Plants.
- Nutrition in plants, animals and human beings, Balanced Diet, Vitamins, Deficiency Diseases, Hormones,
- Body Organs of Human Beings, Structure and Functioning.
- Respiration in Organisms.
- Transportation in Animals and Plants.
- Reproduction in Animals and Plants
- Health and Hygiene and Diseases.
- Types of Computers, Characteristics and Generation.
- Memory, Input and Output Devices, Storage Devices, Software and Hardware, Operating systems, Windows, Uses of Microsoft office.
- Computer Languages, Translators, Compilers, Interpreters and Assemblers.
- Internet, E-mail.
- Social Media.
- E -Governance.
- Different useful Portals, Sites and Web Pages.
- Numbers and its type, Methods of Unit Measurement, Equations and Factors, Profit loss, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Ratio Proportion.
- Statistics:- Probability, Measurement of Central Tendency (Mean, Mode, Median) and Variance, Types of Sampling.
- Communicable diseases and their Prevention.
- National Vaccination Programme.
- Primary Knowledge of AYUSH – Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy
- Health Related Important Welfare Schemes of Central and State Government.
- Major Health Organizations of Central and the State Government.
- Effects of Development on Human Life, Limitations of Indigenous Technologies.
- History of Remote Sensing, Remote Sensing in India.
- Indian Space Research Organization] (ISRO) * Raja Ramanna Center for Atomic Technology (RRCAT) * Satish Dhawan Space Center (SDSC) Shriharikota * Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) * Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC), Mumbai * Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai * National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL), Tirupati, Liquid Propulsion System Center (LPSC), Bengluru * Space Application Center (SAC), Ahmedabad * Indian Deep Space Network (IDSN) * Ramanagara, Indian Space Science Data Center(ISSDC), Ramanagara * Vikram Sarabhai Space Center (VSSC), Thiruananthpuram * Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruananthpuram* National Remote Sensing Center (NRSC), Hyderabad * Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), Dehradoon* (General information of above institutions).
- Generations of Geostationary Satellite Launch Vehicles.
- Biotechnology: Definition, uses in Sector of Health and Medicine, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Industry and Environment.
- Clones, Robots and Artificial Intelligence.
- Patents and Rights of Intellectual Property (Trips, Trims)
- Contribution of Indians in the field of Science and Technology: Chandrashekhar Venkata Raman, Hargovind Khurana, Jagdish Chandra Basu, Homi Jahangir Bhabha, M. Vishveshraiya, Srinivas Ramanujan, Vikram Sarabhai, A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, Satendra Nath Bose. Raja Ramanna, Prafullchandra Roy.
- National and International Awards in the field of Science.
- Conventional and Non-Conventional Sources of Energy: Meaning, Definition, Examples and Differences
- Energy Efficiency, Energy Management, Organizational Integration, Energy Management in Operational Functions, Energy Purchase, Production, Production planning and Control, Maintenance.
- Issues and Challenges related with Energy Strategies
- Alternate Sources of Energy: Present scenario and future possibilities. Solar Energy, Wind Energy, Oceanic Energy, Geothermal Energy, Biomass Energy, Biofuel Energy etc.
- Definition, Scope and Dimensions of Environment:– Physical, Economic, Cultural, Educational, Psychological etc, Concepts of Environment in Indian context, Concepts of Environment in Modern World.
- Effect of human activities on Environment, Ethics and Values related to Environment; Biodiversity, Environmental Pollution, Environmental Changes.
- Issues and challenges related with Environment, Causes and effects of Environmental Degradation
- Environmental Education:- Programmes for Mass Awareness, Environmental Education and its relationship with Health and Safety.
- Eco friendly Technologies, Conservation of Energy, Constitutional provisions related to Environment and its Protection. Environmental Protection Policies and Regulatory Framework
Definition and importance of Geology, Earth- Crust, Mantle, Core Lithosphere, Hydrosphere, Origin and Age of Earth, Geological Time Scale, Rock-Definition, Types of Rocks-Igneous, Sedimentary and Metamorphic Rock. Minerals and Ores, Fossils, Weathering and Erosion, Formation of soil, Groundwater, Natural Coal, Natural Oil and Gas.
[Note: The question paper is divided into 5 units. Each unit carry 40 marks.]
PHILOSOPHY, PSYCHOLOGY AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Philosophers/Thinkers, Social Reformers:- Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Mahavir, Buddha, Acharya Shankar, Charwak, GuruNanak, Kabir, Tulsidas, Ravindra Nath Tagore, Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Savitribai Phule, Swami Dayanand Saraswati, Swami Vivekanand, Maharshi Arvind and Sarvpalli Radhakrishnan.
- Attitude: Content, Elements, Function Formation of Attitude, Attitudinal Change, Persuasive Communication, Prejudice and Discrimination, Stereotypes Orthodox in Indian context.
- Aptitude – Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, Integrity, Impartiality and Non-partisanship, Objectivity, Dedication to public service, Empathy, Tolerance and Compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional Intelligence- Emotional Intelligence-Concepts, their utilities and application in Administration and Governance.
- Individual differences
Human Needs and Motivation
Ethics and Values in Public Administration:- Ethical elements in governance –Integrity, Accountability and Transparency, Ethical Reasoning and Moral Dilemmas, Conscience as a source of ethical guidance. Code of Conduct for Civil Servants, Implementation of Higher values in governance.
Corruption:- Types and Causes of Corruption, Effects of corruption, Approaches to minimizing corruption, Role of society, Media, Family and Whistleblower, United Nation Convention on Corruption, Measuring corruption, Transparency International, Lokpal and Lokayukt.
Case Studies: – Based on the contents of the syllabus.
पंचम प्रश्न पत्र
सामान्य हिन्दी एवं व्याकरण
इस प्रश्नपत्र का स्तर स्नातक परीक्षा उत्तीर्ण छात्रों के समकक्ष होगा। इसका उद्देश्य उम्मीद्वार की पढ़ने व समझने, भाषायी दक्षता, लेखन की योग्यता एवं हिन्दी में स्पष्ट तथा सही विचार व्यक्त करने की क्षमता का मूल्यांकन करना है।
सामान्यतः निम्नलिखित विषय सामग्री पर प्रश्न पूछे जाएंगे।
(क) लघुत्तरीय प्रश्न : निर्धारित सम्पूर्ण पाठ्यक्रम के अंतर्गत ही पूछे जाएंगे। 03×25=75
(ख) अलंकार- शब्दालंकार-अनुप्रास, यमक,श्लेष 05+05=10
अर्थालंकार- उपमा, रूपक, उत्प्रेक्षा
(ग) अनुवाद वाक्यों का :-हिन्दी से अंग्रेजी एवं अंग्रेजी से हिन्दी। 20+15=35
(घ) (1) संधि एवं समास
(2) विराम चिह्न । 02×10=20
(ड) प्रारंभिक व्याकरण एवं शब्दावलियाँ प्रत्येक 2 अंक 02×10=20
1. प्रशासनिक परिभाषिक शब्दावली (हिन्दी/अंग्रेजी)
2. मुहावरे एवं कहावतें
3. विलोम शब्द
4. अनेक शब्दों के लिए एक शब्द
5. तत्सम एवं तद्भव शब्द
6. पर्यायवाची शब्द
7. मानक शब्दावली
(च) अपठित गद्यांश =20
(छ) पल्लवन -रेखांकित अथवा दी गई पंक्तियों का भाव पल्लवन । 10×01=10
(ज) संक्षेपण :- गद्यांश का एक तिहाई शब्दों में संक्षेपण। 10×01=10
अंकों का कुल योग =200
षष्ठ प्रश्नपत्र- हिन्दी निबंध एवं प्रारूप लेखन
|1. प्रथम निबंध (लगभग 1000 शब्दों में) : निम्नांकित क्षेत्रों से निबंध पूछा जा सकता है। जैसे- पर्यावरण, विज्ञान, धर्म-आध्यात्म, शिक्षा में गुणवत्ता, आधुनिकीकरण, भूमंडलीकरण, उदारीकरण, कृत्रिम बुद्धिमता, परम्परागत खेल, सांस्कृतिक विरासत, सभ्यता एवं संस्कृति, योग एवं स्वास्थ्य, ई-मार्केटिंग, ई-कॉमर्स, नेतृत्व एवं विकास, सुशासन, नौकरशाही, जनजातीय विकास, राष्ट्रवाद एवं राष्ट्रीय एकता, सामुदायिक जीवन, सामाजिक सरोकार, नवीनीकरणीय ऊर्जा, सतत् विकास लक्ष्य, मादक पदार्थों का सेवन एवं दुष्प्रभाव, घरेलू हिंसा, बाह्य एवं आंतरिक सुरक्षा के मुद्दे, व्यवसायगत सरलता आदि। (लगभग 1000शब्दों में)||अंक-50|
|2. द्वितीय निबंध समसामयिक समस्याएँ एवं निदान (लगभग 500 शब्दों में):||अंक-25|
|3. प्रारूप लेखन: शासकीय व अर्धशासकीय पत्र, परिपत्र (सर्ग्युलर), प्रपत्र, विज्ञापन, आदेश, पृष्ठांकन, अनुस्मारक (स्मरण पत्र), प्रतिवेदन (रिपोर्ट राइटिंग) अधिसूचना (नोटिफिकेशन), टिप्पण लेखन आदि। (लगभग 250 शब्द (कोई दो)||अंक-25|
Interview is the final stage of the Civil Services Examination which is held by commission.
Interview is also known as personality Test of candidate who is appearing before board of Interview Panel. Interview is organized to check the all dimension of candidate for the environment of civil services that the candidate is appropriate for it or not so It is advised to all appearing candidate in interview/personality Test must have self-confidence and bold and must give answer in polite way and relaxed mind.