JAL JEEVAN MISSION ( SOCIAL ISSUE)
- May 8, 2021
- Posted by: Sushil Pandey
- Category: PIB Resources
Ecology and Environment
Jal Jeevan Mission: Puducherry’s Action Plan
Why in News?
- The rigorous joint review exercise to finalize the Annual Action Plans (AAPs) for the financial year 2021-22 started from 9th April, 2021.
- AAP meeting of Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) in Puducherry was held on 29 April, 2021wherein Government officials of Union Territory presented the plan to achieve ‘Har Ghar Jal’ to the committee of Department of Drinking Water & Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti, chaired by Secretary with members from different Central Ministries/ Departments and NITI Aayog.
Tap water connections
- The total number of rural households in Puducherry is 1.16 lakh, and it has tap water connections in about 1.09 lakh (95%) rural households. Puducherry plans for 100% saturation by the second quarter of 2021-22. Puducherry in their AAP showed their roll-out plan for implementing Village Action Plan (VAP) and constitution of Village Water & Sanitation Committee (VWSC).
- 5 persons especially women are being trained in every village to use the Field Test Kits to test the quality of water
- The committee carries out scrutiny of the proposed Annual Action Plan (AAP) prepared by States/ UTs before finalizing the same.
- Funds are released throughout the year and regular field visits, review meetings are held to ensure implementation of the Annual Action Plan to achieve ‘HarGharJal’.
- UT was urged to well utilize various funds available at the village level and a Village Action Plan (VAP) for every village should be prepared by dovetailing all these resources for long-term drinking water security
- Local community to be at the centre of all the activities especially operation and maintenance for regular and uninterrupted water supply to households
- UT should get NABL accreditation/ recognition of all the water testing labs immediately and testing of all 100% drinking water sources as per JJM guidelines
I am Educator , who teaches to aspirants of competition exam of UPSC/CSE, State PCS and all other one day exam .I have a More than 12 year teaching experience and career counselling in diverse fields.