Copper Hoard Culture
- July 19, 2021
- Posted by: Sushil Pandey
- Category: Free Resources
- Nearly one Thousand copper object have been found in hoards from almost 90 location in various part of India.
- The largest hoard from Gungeria in Madhya Pradesh comprises 424 pieces of copper objects and 102 thin sheet of silver.
- The main type of objects are various kinds of celts , harpoons, antennae sward , rings , and anthropomorphs.
- These are generally made of pure copper, although very insignificants quantities of alloys have been noticed in some.
- The source of metal for these copper hoard appears to the khetri copper mines as well as hilly regions of Almora Districts in Uttra Khand .
- The copper hoards include weapons and tools as well as objects of worship.
Sushil kumar pandey is Director of Adhyayan IAS Academy. He has the vast experience in teaching and content making in the field of civil services exam preparation , Academic , Scholarship exam and all other examination.